My Tunes


Monday, September 7, 2009

Facebook statuses make me emotional

...on a side note, the word "statuses" is a really weird word. I had to look it up. Find me another time when you'd use that word in the plural tense.

Anyway, I have seen a lot of problems with people's statuses lately. Here are a few:

(Someone) is home from Washington..now to catch up on my homework she put off all weekend.
What in the world? This person has a clone doing homework for her that goes by her name. And the clone was in Washington supposedly?!?...I'm so confused. Please clear this up for me.

(Someone)is going to bed now. her computer is having issues and im sick of it really.
Once again, someone with schizophrenia is writing on her status or something

(Someone) just ate a sandwich
Man if everyone put down something on their facebook about everything they've eaten...and if it was a special sandwich you should have said so

(Someone) is DEFINANTLY not understanding you're attitude lately
I have so many problems with this one. Someone DEFINITELY skipped all of her English classes throughout school. "Your/You're," "There/Their/They're," etc. have different meanings guys. You can't just pick the one you like. It made me cringe just to write the quoted status with so many errors. Also, WHO are you talking to? The worst thing of all statuses is the fact that so many pronounce to the world some kind of information that they want to keep confidential! What the...?!?!?

OK, I'm done. Whew. I now propose that spell check be placed on Facebook.

1 comments:

*Brianne* said...

Even if not spell check, a grammar check. I hate that too!