My Tunes


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Insides Are Revealed (Not as graphic as you might guess)




Spencer the poet, at IHOP


So...I started writing poetry. In Spanish.
...
AND all 3 people that have ever looked at my blog don't know Spanish. So I decided to show how horrible Google Translator is by putting the poem in Spanish, followed by the "translation" that Google provides (you're welcome people...you know you could just learn Spanish):



IN SPANISH:

Ay si supieras que estoy embadurnado de este misterio que eres tu…
Pero soy un ser tan quebradizo que no quiere tu respuesta.

Quisiera probar la savia que se esconde en tus labios
Y descubrir esa forma de ser que me tiene empatado
Siento que camino bajo la sombra de un arcoiris
Sin saber si la seguridad que siento sea fingida

Y ya que nos conocemos y todo,
Porque no dejamos de jugar monopolio
Y dejar nuestros planes estrategicos.
Porque hasta ahora,
por razones que a mí se me escapan
Razono conmigo lo que deberia confundir...
Entonces, atendamos razones
Y vamos a dejarnos por vencidos a este tumulto.
Por que ya quiero dejar la lucha.
Y me siento que sera mas favorable el saber
Que el huir
y Mucho mejor que el no saber mezquino que tengo ahora.
Tengo la solucion delante de las narices....

Ahi voy.
Te veo y no resisto.
Pero despues me pierdo en esos ojos.
Son tan grandes; literalmente son ojos mas grandes que los demas en el mundo.
Y succionan todo el atender del mundo alrededor.
No puedo mirar al vacio atras de ti,
Porque no hay nada atras de tu cara.
Pero no puedo quedarme con la mirada atontada,con los ojos dilatados tampoco.
"Es grosero", siempre me dijo mama.
Y como podria esconder una mirada fija en esos ojos??

Mereces la forma de regodearte con mi adulación exagerada?
Estoy feliz por casualidad y sin haber visto nada por tu parte para serlo.

Entonces sigo,
tratando de respirar cada vez que soples,
esperando sentir el ritmo de ti.
Es dificil tener una conversacion contigo asi,
mientras me enfoco en respirar
y me dedico en la direccion que dirigo los ojos,
queriendo saber si soy una cosa tuya escogida sin metodo
...un juego de azar.
O si tal vez pase lo mismo por tu mente tambien...

Thank you, thank you...and NOW (drumroll) in Google English:

Oh if you knew that I embadurnado of this mystery that is you ...
But I'ma be so brittle that you do not want your answer.

I would like to test the sap that hides in your lips
And discover that way if I had tied
I feel that way under the shadow of a rainbow
Without knowing whether the security they feel is feigned

And as we all know and,
Why do not we stop playing monopoly
And let our strategic plan.
Because so far, for reasons that escape me,
I Reason should confuse that with me ...
Then, look reasons
And we're going to let up in this turmoil.
For that I want to make the fight.
And I feel it will be more favorable to know
That the escape
and much better than not knowing that I mean now.
I have the solution in front of the nose ....

Ahi am going.
I see you and not resist.
But after I lost in those eyes.
They are so big, literally eyes are bigger than the rest in the world.
And suck all around the world meet.
I can not look at the empty back of you,
Because there is nothing behind your face.
But I can not stay with the stunning look, with eyes dilated, either.
"It's rude," mama always told me.
And as might hide a gaze into those eyes?

You deserve the way with my regodearte exaggerated adulation?
I am happy coincidence and without having seen anything of you for being so.

So I continue,
trying to breathe every time it blows,
waiting to feel the rhythm of you.
It's hard to have a conversation with you like that,
while I focus on breathing
and I dedicate it in the direction that leads the eyes,
wanting to know if I am something of yours without chosen method
... a game of chance.
Or maybe the same thing happens on your mind too ...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... that's really, really off! One request: I'd kinda like to know what the poems really mean, like what your Spanish versions really mean. The translations look like they have potential but are very... incomplete =) So, I'm thinking you're gonna have to translate for me haha.

~Haley~